Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Waking Up To The Good Life

Song Of The Day: Good Life by OneRepublic
  
Now that class exams are over, it's time to get to all that new music I haven't had time for...

I recently purchased OneRepublic's new album called "Waking Up" on a whim, without having heard anything about it. Sometimes I do that. I figured it wasn't much of a risk though - I did decently like their last record, "Dreaming Out Loud," and they do move a hell of a lot of numbers. Anyways I couldn't sleep earlier and so I decided to lend it an ear. I just finished my first listen through, start to finish, and turns out its not half bad. I actually kind of fell in love with this one song, Good Life. It may turn out to be just be a passing infatuation, but it certainly caught my attention and I've been playing it pretty much straight for the past half hour or so. It hasn't gotten any older. I can nearly always tell the good ones, because the more I listen to them the more I like them. Some of my favorite songs I've disliked and some I've even hated the first listen through. This, I think, is a good one. It's the kind of song that's perfect for a listen at sunrise (which is what I've been doing). And I find it humorously fitting that it's kind of a celebration of life, just as I'm celebrating finishing finals.

And for those of you who scorn all pop, don't do yourself the great disfavor of avoiding good music just because of its genre - you'll be missing out. At least this time you'll get in a listen before you hear it sprayed all over the radio, which it very well will be in a few short weeks, or whenever they end up releasing it as a single (the album just came out November 17th, so it might not be for a little while as I'm guessing it'll probably be the 3rd or 4th single).

P.S. I APOLOGIZE THAT I HAVEN'T YET FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE LINKS POP UP BY DEFAULT IN A NEW TAB. I KNOW YOU CAN RIGHT CLICK THE LINK AND SELECT "OPEN IN NEW TAB," BUT I WANT TO MAKE THAT DEFAULT. IF ANY OF YOU KNOW HOW TO DO THAT I'D APPRECIATE THE TIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment