Friday, December 11, 2009

Welcome World

Song Of The Day: Writing To Reach You by Travis 

Welcome World. This is my music symposium. Today - Friday, December 11, 2009 - marks day one of my blogging life. This is my first post ever, and since almost no one's reading this I'll make it short and sweet:

My purpose is to start something...musical. To be honest I'm not exactly sure if I could condense what I want to do on here into one simplified statement; not because it's so complex but because its perhaps not totally clear in my mind just yet. But I do have a general idea and it involves a kind of musical criticism - more than just reviews of the latest albums though. What I want is to create a place where I can talk about music at large and how it affects me. And hopefully some of you will respond to what I have to say (I'm enabling comments on my posts).

My goal is for you to come to appreciate music as I do, or at the very least develop a greater appreciation for it than you had before. Because I love music, and although you may not I hope you realize the power that it can have. But if all I do is to bring one new song into your life that inspires you in some small way, my job here is done. That's all I want: for you to let music change you, in big ways or small. After all that's what any good art should do.

Today is day one of many to come. I don't know how much or how often I'll write, but my goal is to bring you at least some new music every day. Today's song is Writing To Reach You by Travis.


So go ahead - enjoy the music. Listen on.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! Good for you... can't wait to be part of the discussion....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I /love/ this song. And I love your blog. I always want to know what you're listening to, and this is a perfect venue to get music that you like out to people. Don't be afraid to post some of your own stuff now and then... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear your opinions and maybe find some new stuff!

    ReplyDelete